Roasted-Cauliflower Yogurt Dip
Roasting the cauliflower lends it a sweet, caramelized finish. Blended with yogurt, it becomes downright velvety.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living, November 2012
- 1 head cauliflower (2 pounds), cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- Coarse salt
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 head Treviso radicchio or endive, separated
Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle cauliflower with oil and sprinkle with cumin. Season with salt and red-pepper flakes. Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
In a food processor, puree cauliflower with yogurt and lemon juice. Season with salt and serve with radicchio.
This dip only gets better as the flavors meld. Store it in the fridge up to five days.