Roasted Cherry Tomato Clafoutis
- 1 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Fine-grain sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ounce grated Manchego cheese
- 5 basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Basque-ing in Flavor
Coconut milk lends this elegant but easy clafoutis (think frittata meets souffle) an uncommon richness.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes and garlic with oil and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Roast until caramelized, about 30 minutes, then transfer tomatoes and juices to a straight-sided 9-inch-round (2-inch-deep) baking dish and let cool slightly. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cornstarch, coconut milk, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and herbs, then pour mixture over tomatoes.
Bake until top is golden brown and edges are puffed, 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
SourceWhole Living, October 2012