Tofu with Tomatoes, Basil, and Mint
- Servings: 6
Source: Whole Living, September 2012
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 14 ounces soft tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch-thick squares
- 2 pounds mixed ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, and oil in a small bowl.
Arrange tofu and tomatoes on a platter and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and top with sliced herbs and sesame seeds. Garnish with herb leaves. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Caprese goes east, with milky slabs of tofu standing in for the mozzarella. Soy sauce and sesame seeds heighten the Asian accent.