Tofu with Tomatoes, Basil, and Mint
The Caprese goes east, with milky slabs of tofu standing in for the mozzarella. Soy sauce and sesame seeds heighten the Asian accent.
- Servings: 6
Source: Whole Living, September 2012
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 14 ounces soft tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch-thick squares
- 2 pounds mixed ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, thinly sliced, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, and oil in a small bowl.
Arrange tofu and tomatoes on a platter and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing and top with sliced herbs and sesame seeds. Garnish with herb leaves. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.