Chicken Salad with Apricots and Almonds Sandwich
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoon dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 slices seeded wheat bread, toasted
- 4 leaves lettuce
Make the chicken salad: Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. When water boils, reduce heat, add chicken, and simmer until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. In a bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, chives, apricots, and almonds. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the lettuce and chicken mixture between two slices toast. Top each with remaining slices.