Coconut Breakfast Pudding with Sauteed Nectarines
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Amy Chaplin's Homemade Almond Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes, toasted
In a bowl, combine oats and shredded coconut with 1 1/2 cups water and refrigerate overnight.
Transfer mixture to a saucepan and add milk, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until creamy, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, and cover.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and saute nectarines until golden, 1 to 2 minutes, before stirring in syrup.
Divide oats between two bowls and top with nectarines and coconut flakes. Drizzle with additional syrup, if desired.
SourceWhole Living, July/August July/August 2012