V3 (Tomato, Cucumber, and Pepper Juice)
Our fresh take on the supermarket standard requires only a quick whirl in the blender. It's frothy and delicious -- and surprisingly filling, thanks in part to the vegetables' fibrous pulp.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Whole Living, July/August July/August 2012
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Coarse salt
Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Season with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
Fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, and mint will all add dimension to this drink. Blend in whatever you have on hand.