V3 (Tomato, Cucumber, and Pepper Juice)
Our fresh take on the supermarket standard requires only a quick whirl in the blender. It's frothy and delicious -- and surprisingly filling, thanks in part to the vegetables' fibrous pulp.
- 2 large tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Coarse salt
Fresh parsley, cilantro, basil, and mint will all add dimension to this drink. Blend in whatever you have on hand.
Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Season with salt and serve with lemon wedges.
SourceWhole Living, July/August July/August 2012