All-Purpose Herb Marinade
Bathing ingredients in a marinade for even just 10 minutes can dramatically up the flavor. This all-purpose recipe works deliciously with any cut of beef, chicken, pork, seafood, or even vegetables. Marinate seafood for 30 minutes; meat can be marinated for 2 hours or up to overnight. Reserve a little bit of fresh marinade to brush over meat before serving.
- Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
Source: Whole Living, June 2012
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 red jalapeno, stem removed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.