Sauteed Chicken with Spinach, Garlic, and Pine Nuts
Why relegate the wilted greens to the side? Here, dollops of tangy goat cheese and a handful of pine nuts conspire to make spinach the star of the show.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- Coarse salt
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed and rinsed (10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 lemon
Make the most of garlic's prime time and keep a batch of roasted cloves on hand for smashing on bread or blending in vinaigrettes.
Cook rice according to package directions. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and saute in batches, adding another tablespoon oil, until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon oil, garlic, and pepper flakes to pan. Cook spinach in batches, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt.
To serve, top chicken with spinach and sprinkle with pine nuts and dollops of goat cheese. Squeeze with lemon and serve with rice.
SourceWhole Living, June 2012