Vegetable Garden Linguine
- 1 large head fennel, quartered, cored, and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 mild chiles, such as Anaheim, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 10 ounces whole-wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
Heat broiler. Arrange fennel and chiles on one rimmed baking sheet and tomatoes and onions on another. Toss each with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt. Broil 3 minutes, then toss and continue broiling until vegetables are tender and charred in spots, about 2 minutes more. Transfer vegetables and pan juices to a bowl.
Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, drain, and return to pot.
Add vegetables, Parmesan, and reserved water. Stir in basil and remaining oil and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan.
SourceWhole Living, May 2012