Bread Salad with Feta
Pitas can be more than just pockets! Let the flatbread find its varied potential with this quick and unconventional meatless recipe. No hummus necessary.
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living, March 2012
- 1 pita
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chopped English cucumber
- 1 diced shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
Toast pita over the flame of a gas burner (or char in the broiler). Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Tear into pieces and toss with beans, cucumber, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Top with feta and add salt and pepper to taste.