Roasted Sweet Peppers and Carrots with Orange and Hazelnuts
Fresh slices of citrus give a jolt of energy to roasted peppers and carrots while also complementing their natural sweetness.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Christopher Baker
Source: Whole Living, March 2012
- 2 small orange bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 5 medium carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 navel orange, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1 clementine, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle peppers and carrots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, flipping once, until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
Arrange roasted carrots and peppers with the citrus on a platter. Top with crumbled goat cheese and hazelnuts. Whisk vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.