Banana-Ricotta Toasts with Pecans, Dates, and Honey
Toast need not be boring: Adding part-skim ricotta cheese and a few tasty toppings transforms it into a simple, satisfying breakfast. Part-skim ricotta has significantly less sodium than cottage cheese, a common breakfast bite. Pecans are loaded with antioxidants.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2012
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 slice (1/2 inch thick) whole-wheat rustic bread, toasted
- 1/2 small ripe banana, sliced on the bias
- 1 medium pitted date, preferably Medjool, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon honey, such as acacia
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Spread ricotta on toast. Top with banana, date, and pecans. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and some pepper.