Avocado with Bell Pepper and Tomatoes
- Servings: 1
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February 2012
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne
- Coarse salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and seeded
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne. Season with salt.
Scoop out meat from avocado halves and chop. Transfer to a bowl and add bell pepper, tomatoes, scallion, and cilantro.
Drizzle with dressing and season with salt. Gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into avocado shells. Garnish with cilantro leaves.