Roasted Winter Vegetables with Cannellini Beans
This is hearty vegetarian fare that takes full advantage of vegetables available during winter.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 8 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained cannellini beans
Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss leek, garlic, rutabaga, parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, and brussels sprouts with olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in beans.
Roast until beans are crisped, about 5 minutes more. Toss vegetables with 1 teaspoon vinegar and drizzle with oil.