Roasted Winter Vegetables with Cannellini Beans
Detox Cred: Try to add one more vegetarian entree to your diet each week. Eating more plant-based meals has been proven to lower your weight, cholesterol, and blood pressure. Brussels sprouts contain compounds that trigger the production of detoxifying enzymes in the liver.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 8 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained cannellini beans
Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss leek, garlic, rutabaga, parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, and brussels sprouts with olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in beans.
Roast until beans are crisped, about 5 minutes more. Toss vegetables with 1 teaspoon vinegar and drizzle with oil.