Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts
Detox Cred: Pile your plate with healthy dark leafy greens. Kale, which boasts a cool 45 flavonoids (plant pigments that promote antioxidant activity in the body), helps lower cholesterol as effectively as some prescription drugs.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- 1 bunch kale, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1/2 fruit)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Coarse salt and pepper
Rub kale with olive oil, lime juice, and ginger until well coated.
Add pomegranate seeds, red onion, and walnuts and toss. Season with coarse salt and pepper.