Watercress with Sardines, Tarragon, and Clementines
The toasted pumpkin seeds and sardines make this a crunchy, healthy midday meal.
- Servings: 2
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February 2012
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 2 clementines, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can olive-oil packed sardines, drained
- 3 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
Whisk lemon zest and juice with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange watercress, red onion, and tarragon on a platter.
Top with clementine slices, sardines, and pumpkin seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and adjust seasoning, as necessary.