Watercress Salad with Sardines, Oranges, and Pepitas
Detox Cred: Choosing clean seafood is a great way to minimize the amount of toxins (like mercury) you take in. Wild-caught Pacific sardines, rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12, are one of the greenest fish choices you can make.
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 2 clementines, peel and pith removed, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can olive-oil packed sardines, drained
- 3 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
Whisk lemon zest and juice with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange watercress, red onion, and tarragon on a platter.
Top with clementine slices, sardines, and pumpkin seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and adjust seasoning as necessary.