Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots
The variety of seeds and the kale make this a distinctive twist on coleslaw.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed shredded kale and red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, and apple-cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
In another bowl, combine kale, cabbage, carrot, parsley, and red onion with sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp seeds.
Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.