Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrots
Detox Cred: This tangy raw slaw is supremely cleansing. The apple-cider vinaigrette may help lower cholesterol and blood-glucose levels. Earthy hemp seeds deliver protein and healthy fats. Use them throughout the plan in salads, soups, and smoothies.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February January/February 2012
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed shredded kale and red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, and apple-cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
In another bowl, combine kale, cabbage, carrot, parsley, and red onion with sunflower, pumpkin, and hemp seeds.
Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.