Apple Skillet Cake
Shira Bocar says, "I go heavy on the apples and light on the batter with this treat, so it's more like a thin German pancake than a dense cake. I've served it for dessert and brunch, always with a dollop of Greek yogurt."
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 sweet apples (such as McIntosh) peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, and salt; set aside. In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook apple slices, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in batter and transfer to oven. Bake until cake puffs, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with raw sugar and return to oven until brown on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve each slice with a dollop of Greek yogurt, if using.