Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts
The red grapes' sweetness brings out the nutty notes in the sprouts. Walnuts can be swapped for almonds or pecans.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Whole Living, November 2011
- 24 ounces Brussels sprouts (about 8 cups), halved or quartered, if large
- 24 ounces grapes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 450 degrees. On 2 rimmed baking sheets, toss Brussels sprouts and grapes with oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 20 minutes.
Drizzle each tray with 1 teaspoon vinegar and scrape up any caramelized bits with a wooden spoon. Toss in walnuts.