Green Bean and Shallot Ravioli Salad
In this take on the green-bean casserole, cheese ravioli replaces the heavy mushroom soup, while sauteed shallots and crunchy toasted almonds stand in for the fried onions.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Whole Living, November 2011
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Bring a medium pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook beans until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of ice water; when beans are done cooking, transfer them to ice water with a slotted spoon. Drain. Slice in half. Add pasta to cooking water and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until golden and crispy, about 2 minutes. Add beans, ravioli, and almonds and toss to coat. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.