Parsnip Rosemary Muffins
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 14
Photography: Yunhee Kim
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2011
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup grated parsnip (from 2 medium parsnips)
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 14 cups of two 12-cup muffin tins with baking cups, and lightly coat each with cooking spray.
Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Whisk together yogurt, oil, eggs, and egg whites in a medium bowl. Fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture, then gently fold in parsnip and rosemary until combined.
Spoon batter into baking cups until each is three-quarters full. Sprinkle each muffin with a pinch of coarse salt. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of each comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer pans to wire racks, and let cool for 10 minutes. Turn out muffins onto racks, and let cool completely.