Hard-Cooked Egg and Grainy Mustard Tea Crackers
The menu at your afternoon get-together need not be fussy. Whole-grain crackers stand in for traditional tea sandwiches, and sliced eggs with mustard are a healthy topping.
- Yield: Makes 12
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Whole Living, December 2011
- 6 rectangular whole-grain crackers (3 by 2 inches)
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Spread crackers with mustard and top with sliced eggs and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice each cracker in half with a serrated knife.