Swiss Chard with Poached Egg Salad
Raw kale salads may be in the spotlight these days, but Swiss chard is the next star green. The earthy leaves can stand up to the pungent Caesar trinity: anchovies, garlic, and Parmesan.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Whole Living, October 2011
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 anchovies, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 6 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Combine garlic, anchovies, mustard, and vinegar. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium skillet, bring three inches of water to a simmer. Poach eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss chard with vinaigrette and divide among four plates. Top each with a poached egg and Parmesan.