Shaved Celery Root Salad
A vegetable peeler is the only tool you need to create this dish. Celery root has an earthy, mellow charm (somewhere between celery and parsley), but fennel would work nicely here, too.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Whole Living, October 2011
- 3 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium celery root, peeled into ribbons (6 cups)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces smoked mackerel, flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine mustard and lemon juice. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss dressing with remaining ingredients.