Lobster Salad with Greens and Citrus Vinaigrette
The sweetness of the lobster and tomatoes is balanced by a light but flavorful lemon-orange dressing. Tarragon adds a fresh zing.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Yunhee Kim
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- 2 whole lobsters (1 3/4 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated shallot
- Coarse salt
- 12 cups mixed greens such as Bibb lettuce, mache, and arugula (10 ounces)
- 1 large yellow tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Plunge lobsters into water headfirst, and simmer, covered, for 11 minutes. (Do not let water boil.) Transfer lobsters to ice-water bath using tongs. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
Meanwhile, whisk together oil, zests and juices, mustard, shallot, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Crack lobster claws, knuckles, and tails, and remove meat. Slice tail meat 1/2 inch thick, and leave claws and knuckles whole.
Combine lobster, greens, tomato, and tarragon. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Garnish with tarragon. Serve immediately.