Mustard Greens, Shrimp, and Anchovy Pasta
Blanching these bitter greens and letting the anchovies, lemon and olive oil do their thing make this an appetizing supper.
- Servings: 4
Source: Whole Living, July/August 2011
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 pound short whole-wheat pasta, such as lumache
- 1/2 pound medium tail-on shrimp, cleaned
- 1 bunch mustard greens (8 ounces), stems removed, leaves torn into 3-inch pieces
- 3 anchovies, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch red chili flakes
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, according to package directions.
When the pasta has just 30 seconds remaining, stir in shrimp and mustard greens. Cook until shrimp are opaque and greens are vibrant. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return everything to pot.
Stir in anchovies, lemon zest and juice, and oil. Slowly add pasta water to desired consistency. Season with salt and red chili flakes.