Poached salmon makes for a luxurious dip high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids; endive petals are edible spoons.Return to Healthy Dips Menu.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 salmon fillet (8 ounces), skin on
- 2 ounces Neufchatel cheese, or whipped light cream cheese (1/4 cup), room temperature
- 1/2 ounce smoked salmon, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallion (white and pale-green parts only; sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
Put wine into a medium skillet. Add salmon, and cover with lid. Poach salmon over medium-high heat until it is opaque, 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove from heat. Let salmon cool completely in poaching liquid. Transfer salmon to a plate. skin. Using a fork, flake salmon into large pieces.
Stir together cheese, smoked salmon, scallion, lemon zest and juice, mustard, and salt in a bowl; season with pepper. in flaked salmon. Serve dip with endive leaves. Dip can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 day.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2006