Salmon Salad with Curried Egg
Simple and elegant, this sandwich is a snap to prepare.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Body+Soul, September 2009
- One 7.5-ounce can wild Red Sockeye
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot (about half a shallot)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Sprouts, for serving
Mix salmon and olive oil together in a bowl, using a fork to flake the salmon. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated), lemon juice, shallot, and pepper. Spread onto bread slices.
Peel and slice eggs, and place 2 slices on each piece of bread. Mix sea salt with the curry powder in a small bowl, and sprinkle on top of each egg slice. Scatter remaining lemon zest over them, top with sprouts, and serve.