Black Cod with Quinoa and Kiwi Salsa
Black cod, also known as sablefish, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. In this simple, healthy recipe, it gets a kick from tangy kiwi slices.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Body+Soul, March 2009
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
- 6 kiwis, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 bunch scallions, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces, then slivered lengthwise
- 4 skinless black cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, agave syrup, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add kiwi and scallions and allow to macerate for about 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Brush cod fillets with curry paste and place on aluminum-foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Broil until opaque in center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve cod over quinoa. Top with kiwi salsa, and garnish with cilantro.