Sesame String Beans
- 6 tablespoons Homemade Chicken Stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds string beans, stems trimmed
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons unhulled sesame seeds (optional)
Combine stock, soy sauce, and sherry in a small bowl, and set aside.
Set a wok over high heat for 1 minute. Add oil; swirl to cover bottom and sides. Add string beans; cook, stirring and tossing, 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and reserved stock mixture. Stir to combine; cook 1 minute. Cover; cook until beans are bright green but still crunchy, about 2 minutes. Remove cover; cook until no liquid remains. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired; serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 1998