Wild Ramen Soup
Briefly boiling nettles neutralizes their sting.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fiddleheads, papery sheaves removed, trimmed to at least 2 inches of stem and head
- 1 pound morels, quartered
- 1 medium to large puffball mushroom, cubed
- 6 cups water
- 1 packet miso soup mix
- 8 ounces dried ramen noodles
- 1 cup stinging nettles, boiled
- Coarse salt
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, fiddleheads, morels, and puffball and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add water and miso soup mix; stir until dissolved. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and nettles, and continue cooking until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with salt.