This quinoa salad can be made in advance and served at room temperature.
- 3/4 cup quinoa, washed, strained, and rinsed twice
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the quinoa and 1 1/2 cups of water in a 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed. Drain and run under cold water. Toss in the remaining ingredients and serve.