Whole-Wheat Shells with Tuna and Arugula
This is the dish to cook when you don't really feel like cooking. It involves minimal swelter in the kitchen and almost no prep. If you can't find jarred tuna, substitute canned.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat shells
- 9 jarred peperoncini, drained and coarsely chopped (for less heat, use fewer)
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 2 jars (6.7 ounces each) water-packed tuna fillets, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain.
Gently toss pasta with peperoncini, arugula, tuna, parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, and some pepper in a large bowl. (Do not break up tuna too much.) Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 2011