Tofu with Snap Peas and Scallions
- 1 14-ounce block soft tofu, quartered
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar
- Coarse salt
In a medium pot, cover tofu with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add peas and scallion whites and saute, stirring, until peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Mix in scallion greens, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and 1 tablespoon water. Season with salt.
Drain tofu and divide among plates. Top with pea mixture.