Easy Spring Vegetable Ragout
Serve this light ragout over pasta, polenta, or tortellini to make it a main dish.
- Servings: 4
Source: Body+Soul, April 2010
- 3 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half moons (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 radishes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, such as chives and tarragon
Soak leeks in cold water for 5 minutes; lift out and drain. Repeat until no grit remains on bottom of bowl. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and salt and saute until leeks are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in asparagus, then water. Simmer covered for 2 minutes. Add snap peas and radishes, cover, and simmer for 2 minutes more.
Stir in mustard until well combined, then swirl in butter and herbs. Serve immediately.