Veggie Goat Cheese Tart
This brunch-perfect recipe comes courtesy of Chef Jenny Park of Los Angeles, California.
Source: Whole Living, March 2011
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 diced zucchini
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9-inch Low-Fat All-Purpose Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic, onion, and zucchini until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk eggs, milk, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Spread cooked vegetables on a baked 9-inch pie crust.
Add goat cheese, then baby spinach. Slowly pour in egg mixture and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and more pepper, if desired.
Bake on a rimmed baking sheet 50 to 60 minutes until the center is just set. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.