Under 30 Minutes
Cucumber Slices with Chickpea Puree and Thyme
The folate in the chickpeas produces dopamine, a neurotransmitter linked to pleasure. The vitamin C in the red peppers helps counteract the damage brought about by the stress hormone cortisol.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, cut into small strips
In a food processor, combine chickpeas, lemon juice, thyme, garlic, oil, and 1/4 cup water; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and process until combined.
Dividing evenly, dollop chickpea puree onto cucumber slices, top with a roasted red pepper strip and thyme leaves. Serve immediately.