Caramelized Corn with Shallots
Of course, fresh corn is best, but frozen will do.
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ears of fresh corn, kernels shaved from the cob (about 3 cups)
- 4 large shallots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the corn, shallots, sugar, and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until the corn is caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the thyme and cook 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.