Quick Asian Steam
This lunch is loaded with good-for-you carbs, including veggies and brown rice, while the tofu provides protein.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Body+Soul, 2008
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces extra-firm tofu, well drained, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces snow peas, ends trimmed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- Cooked brown rice
In a resealable microwave-safe container, combine vinegar, oil, ginger, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper. Add tofu and toss.
Place snow peas, scallions, bell pepper, and carrot in the same container, on top of the tofu. Cover and refrigerate at least 10 minutes and up to 1 day.
When it's time to eat, stir tofu and vegetables to combine. Cover and microwave on high until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside. Heat rice until warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve vegetable mixture over rice.