Mango, Banana, and Macadamia-Nut Granola
Starting with the recipe for Basic Healthy Granola, this adds nutritious fruits and nuts without the refined sugars and trans fats of some commercial granolas. Per 2/3-cup serving: 196 calories; 3 g protein; 7 g fat; 30 g carbs; 3 g fiber.
- Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
Source: Body+Soul, June 2005
- Basic Healthy Granola Ingredients
- 1/8 cup peeled, chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted, dry-roasted soy-nut halves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped, dried mango
- 1/3 cup chopped or broken banana chips
Following the instructions for Basic Granola, to the dry ingredients add the macadamia nuts, soy nuts, and ginger. To the wet ingredients add the coconut milk and vanilla extract. After the first 15 minutes of baking, add the dried mango and banana chips.