Fresh Bean Salad
- 1 pound mixed fresh beans (cranberry, wax, fava, lima, green), washed and picked over
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blanch the beans in boiling salted water. If using fava beans, slip off tough outer skins before blanching.
Place the beans in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, shallot, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Drizzle over the beans and toss to coat.