Instead of relying on lots of caffeine to keep you alert and energetic, try our homemade herbal chai to build your body's reserves.
- Yield: Makes 1 quart
Source: Body+Soul, April 2008
- 3 teaspoons dried eleuthero
- 2 teaspoons dried burdock root
- 2 teaspoons dried licorice root
- 1 teaspoon dried (or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped) ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon chips (or 1 cinnamon stick)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
Simmer herbs in 1 quart of water for 20 minutes. Strain and discard herbs. Pour a cup, adding milk and honey to taste if desired. Keep remaining tea in a jar or thermos. Tea will keep for two days in refrigerator.