Farm-Stand Salad with Grilled Turkey Sausage
This salad can be tossed together before serving, but another delightful option is to spread the ingredients out on wooden cutting boards and let guests compose their own salads right at the table.
- Servings: 4
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash, very thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 links of turkey or other low-fat sausage
- Four 3/4-inch-thick slices of country sourdough bread (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Buttermilk Dressing
Prepare a stove-top griddle or an outdoor grill.
In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables and set aside.
Grill the sausage until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1/4-inch pieces. Grill the bread until golden, about 2 minutes.
Toss the sausage into the salad bowl, drizzle the Buttermilk Dressing over, and toss to incorporate. Place a slice of grilled bread on each of 4 dinner plates and arrange the salad over each piece.