Starting with the recipe for Basic Healthy Granola, this tasty version adds nutritious fruits and nuts without the refined sugars and trans fats of some commercial granolas.
- Yield: Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Photography: David Meredith
Source: Body+Soul, June 2005
- Basic Healthy Granola
- 1/3 cup almond slivers
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons black-cherry juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries
Following the instructions for Basic Healthy Granola, add the almond slivers and almond meal to the dry ingredients. Add the juice concentrate and vanilla and almond extracts to the wet ingredients. After the first 15 minutes of baking, add the dried cherries.