Under 30 Minutes
Broccoli Rabe Saute with Chicken Sausage
This saute is delicious as a side dish or tossed with pasta as a main.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces fresh chicken sausage, removed from casing (1 to 2 links)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 bunches broccoli rabe, cut crosswise with water still clinging to it (blanched if desired) 1-inch thick and well washed (1 pound each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, anchovy fillets (if using), and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring, until anchovy breaks down and garlic is just golden, 30 to 60 seconds.
Add chicken sausage; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add raisins and as much broccoli rabe to skillet as will fit; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing and adding remaining broccoli rabe as there is room; cook until broccoli rabe is tender, 6 to 10 minutes (less if it has been blanched).
Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Serve.