Under 30 Minutes
Lemon-Tarragon Salmon Over Asparagus
Red onion, lemon, and tarragon come together as a tangy topping for salmon and asparagus.To make this recipe for two, as seen on "The Martha Stewart Show," halve the ingredient quantities.
- 20 asparagus spears, trimmed to 6 inches and halved lengthwise
- 4 large radishes, very thinly sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild sockeye (5 ounces each; 1 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon thinly sliced lemon zest strips, plus 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut out four 12-by-17-inch pieces of parchment; fold each in half crosswise to form a crease, then open.
Divide asparagus and radishes evenly among 4 parchment pieces, arranging mixture on 1 side of each crease. Lay 1 salmon fillet on top of each pile. Season each with 1/8 teaspoon salt and some pepper.
Toss together onion, zest and juice, tarragon, 2 teaspoons oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; divide among salmon, spooning over tops. Fold parchment over ingredients; make overlapping pleats to seal.
Bake on 2 baking sheets (2 packets per sheet) for 11 to 12 minutes for medium-rare or 13 minutes for medium. Unwrap; drizzle fillets with remaining 2 teaspoons oil.