Green Goddess Dip with Endive
This vibrant dip uses creamy avocado and buttermilk to temper the strong flavors of anchovies and fresh herbs.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2010
- 1 firm, ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, chives, and tarragon)
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 heads Belgian endive (1 pound), leaves separated
Pulse avocado, buttermilk, herbs, anchovies, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with endive leaves.