Pink Potato Salad
Use red or white small potatoes if fingerling potatoes are unavailable.
- Servings: 6
Photography: David Sawyer
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2001
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch-thick half moons
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1/4 cup picked fresh chervil leaves
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Drain yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined sieve for 30 minutes. Place potatoes in a medium pot, and cover with cold water; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain; run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside until completely cool.
Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces; place in a bowl. Add cucumber, olives, onion, and chervil; set aside.
Place drained yogurt (about 1 1/2 cups) in a bowl. Add red-wine vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and paprika; stir until well combined. Pour over potato mixture; stir until potatoes are well coated. Transfer to a serving bowl; serve immediately.