Cold Peanut Noodles
This vegan dish is an excellent combo of whole grains, plant-based protein, and healthy fats. Garlic, ginger, and soy sauce add flavor, while a topping of bok choy and carrots provide a serving of vegetables, as well.
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup water
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water. Whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic paste, ginger, garlic, and sugar. Thin with the water. When noodles are done, drain and rinse under cold water. Toss sauce with pasta, and thin with more water if needed. Serve topped with a salad of shredded bok choy and carrots dressed with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a little toasted sesame oil. Season with salt.
SourceBody+Soul, April 2010