Cold Lentil Salad
- 1/2 cup green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the lentils and garlic in simmering salted water for 10 minutes, or until the lentils are crisp-tender. Drain and run the lentils under cold water. Discard the garlic.
In a bowl, toss together the lentils, celery, onion, and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and water. Drizzle over the lentils and stir gently to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.